Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Heroes of Mega City

Here are just a couple of pics from our new series from Elevate called Heroes of Mega City



You can see our Theater Setup Here. Like I said this was one of the first times I have handed off setup in the theater to a volunteer leader, he did a good job. Josh covered the entire front of the theater curtains (which is almost 50 feet) he also added some 3D elements by attach the logo sign to Styrofoam and attaching it to the set backdrop in the center. Its always tough when there is so much room up front but I think he was able to get a good setup and still left enough room for small groups up front.


Elevate is really cool because they actually give you an entire set design with the curriculum. So basically as a 2 and a half year old church we had access to a church of 30,000 graphic design team, video squad and basically much more than we could ever do by ourselves. There is no other place in ministry where I believe this is possible.

Tell me what ya think

4 Comments:

Blogger Tina Harkey said...

Preston,

We are also using Elevate. How did you get the props printed? I see them on the disk. Hi I'm Tina, A non-techno Children's Director with a burning passion to make our children's ministry more effective.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger Preston Porter said...

We actually have(leasing) a large format printer. Its 42" wide. If you dont have one then I highly recommend getting one. Ours is less than $175 a month. Also we have 2 local church organizations that give us access to other large format printers. I would highly encourage you to get access to one of these as the will change your children's ministry's feel, immediately. Let me know if you need anything else.

We also stole/borrowed some leftover props from an awesome church who just finished doing Heroes. COOPs are something I think many children's ministries need to take advantage of more.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Tina Harkey said...

Preston,

Not to sound dumb, but want to make sure I understand. So you printed the images out on 42" wide paper (where do you get this?) and then you glue it onto foam board and then you cut it out with a blade? OR will this printer print on foam board or something similar.

I'm a scrapbooker but I use handtools. I want to add things that give 3D feel, etc. So I know how to do it on an 8 X 8 or 12 X 12 piece of paper, but am having a hard time getting my head around big things.

Friday, April 13, 2007 3:33:00 PM  
Blogger Mitch Corn said...

That's great Preston, glad you are enjoying the curriculum.

Friday, April 13, 2007 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home